Foods that help improve your mood
- Greens: eating lots of greens (spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, etc.) will bring you more folate (vitamin B6). This helps your body provide more serotonin and improve your mood.
- Fish, Fish and more fish: DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), an omega 3, is a very healthy and important fat. There are so many scientific studies that show the benefits of omega 3 on improving our mood. Look for salmon, trout, sardines and others to increase your DHA intake;
- Vitamin D: when the weather warms up, try to get more sun (but don't forget our social distancing obligations!!). You can get vitamin D supplements from fortified milks, some orange juices contain vitamin D, cheese and other foods. Again, fatty fish can help!
- Coffee and tea: coffee and tea in moderation can help improve mood because caffeine can give us energy. But be careful after lunch and at night as it can disrupt your ability to sleep;
- Other foods to improve your mood and health :
- Oats, brown rice, whole wheat bread (good source of B vitamins);
- Yogurt, kefir, Kombucha (good source of probiotics);
- Dark chocolate J (but in moderation);
- Water, Water, Water