- 1 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 C. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup of skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light ricotta cheese
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 4 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 4 tbsp. coarsely ground pistachios
- In a bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, baking soda and salt. Add the milk, water and egg previously mixed together. Mix to obtain a smooth and thick consistency.
- Preheat your pan and lightly oil if desired. Pour a soup ladle of the mixture. Turn over when small cavities start to form.
- Serve on each patty 1/4 cup ricotta, 1 tbsp. honey, 1 tsp. of pistachios and 1 cup of strawberries.
Good to know
Although used as a cereal, BUCKWHEAT is in fact a cultivated plant known as pseudo-cereal, without gluten. The part consumed is the fruit of the buckwheat rather than a seed as with cereals.
Rich in protein, soluble fiber, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, manganese, copper, it is also a good source of vitamin B6, thiamine, riboflavin, zinc, iron and selenium. This superfood also contains antioxidant compounds and D-chiro-inositol (a bioactive compound similar to insulin).
As part of a healthy diet for weight loss, buckwheat contains all the essential amino acids (proteins), is nutritious, low in fat and satisfies longer.