- 300 g oat bran
- a pinch of salt
- 1 C. baking powder
- 1 C. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, whipped
- 200 ml of skimmed milk
- 1 small plain yogurt (175 g)
- 1 large apple, cubed
- Put the grill at the center of the oven. Preheat to 350 ˚F (180 ̊˚C).
- Combine oat bran, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, milk and yogurt. Once the mixture is homogeneous, add the apple cubes.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Serve with low fat cheese.
Take a walk after dinner or do “chair yoga”.
Good to know
Oat bran contains soluble fiber called beta-glucans.
Their beneficial effect is that these soluble fibers form a gel when mixed with liquid.
They lower the glycemic index of a meal, slow gastric emptying, delay the absorption of glucose and improve blood sugar after meals. In addition, they help reduce cholesterol levels.
Alternative for people in a hurry
According to nutrition researchers from Pakistan, consuming 1 to 6 grams of cinnamon per day may help reduce some complications associated with diabetes.
Warning : Self-medication for diabetes can cause serious problems. When you start treatment that changes your blood glucose (sugar) level, you should monitor your blood sugar closely. It is also necessary to notify your doctor, so that he can, if necessary, review the dosage of conventional drugs.