PROTEIN MEXICAN PASTE
- 1 package of extra large wheat noodles
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 can (796 mL) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 2 tbsp. ground chili
- 2 tbsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tbsp. 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt pepper
- 2 cups light cheese, grated
- 4 green onions, thanched
- 3 limes in quarters
- Cook the pasta according to the cooking method indicated on the package. Place in a large baking dish and set aside.
- In a pan, cook the meat. When cooked, add tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, corn and spices. Cook for 5 minutes and incorporate into the pasta. Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350˚F until cheese is golden.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve with lime wedges.
Good to know
PROTEIN helps stimulate immune, anti-oxidant and anti-aging functions by increasing levels of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant and immunofortifier.
- For a healthy weight, protein is low in calories, keeps you full longer, helps reduce the glycemic index of a meal, maintain firm muscle mass and prevent softening of the flesh, as long as you are active .
- The injured, the sick, the convalescents: Protein promotes tissue repair, normal recovery, restoration of muscle tone and energy.
- Busy life causes stress: Protein provides the amino acids that support the nervous, hormonal, and immune systems during times of stress.
- The elderly: they generally lack muscle tone, slower metabolism; often deficient in protein.
- Hypoglycemic: To maintain hormonal balance and reduce cravings for sweets or stimulants, protein meals and snacks are indicated.
ALTERNATIVE FOR VEGETARIANS
SOY PROTEIN ISOLATE is a premium vegetable protein source with high nutritional value. It contains all the essential amino acids, helps to adequately support performance and muscle development. It provides 90% protein and only 100 calories per serving. No GMOs, no fat, carbohydrates or cholesterol. Naturally lactose free. Ideal for people allergic to bovine proteins or refractory to animal proteins.