- 4 large peppers, caps cut off (keep), cored and seeded
- 2 tbsp. of safflower oil
- 1 C. cumin seeds
- 1 C. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ½ cup of red lentils
- 2.tbsp coarsely chopped cashews
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup of grated gouda
- 2 tbsp. golden raisins
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
1. In a pot, brown the spices, onion and garlic in the oil, 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the rest and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stuff the peppers and replace the caps.
4. Place the stuffed peppers in a lasagna pan and place in the center of the 350 ° F oven, about 30 minutes.
Good to know
This recipe is packed with antioxidants with lentils, onion, garlic, turmeric, ginger, lemon, tomato and bell pepper. This one is rich in vitamin C and therefore A in antioxidants, including beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin in addition to being a good source of Vitamin E.
Alternative for people in a hurry
Extra 11 is a combination of 11 of the best antioxidants known to target and fight free radicals that cling to healthy cells and damage them by accelerating their aging.