- 2 chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bacon rind
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small turnip, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into chunks
- 1 cup of cabbage, roughly chopped
- 1 can of canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 can of 540 ml rinsed and drained white beans
- 2 liters of beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 C. fresh oregano
- 1 bunch of fresh sage, roughly chopped
1. Brown the onion, garlic and bacon rind in the oil.
2. Add carrots and celery and sauté.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
Cover and simmer 25 minutes. 5 minutes before the end, add the herbs and adjust the seasoning.