National Doughnut Day is held on the first Friday in June, succeeding the Doughnut event created by the Salvation Army in Chicago in 1938 to honor those of their members who served doughnuts to soldiers during World War I. These days, it's a fun excuse for many to try different donuts!
In honor of this celebration, we are presenting a HEALTHY DONUT RECIPE (vegan and gluten-free) using Naturiste's Vegan Choco Protein and Organic Chia Seeds.
Vegan and gluten-free chocolate protein doughnuts
Portion : 9 donuts
Dry ingredients :
Wet ingredients :
½ cup of chocolate almond milk
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup of Naturiste Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil, melted
1 Chia egg (1 tbsp of Naturiste Organic Black Chia Seeds and 3 tbsp of water, let sit for 10 minutes)
Frosting ingredients :
1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup of almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1/2 portion of Naturiste Vanilla or Chocolate Plant Based Protein
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a non-stick donut pan with coconut oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients together. Then stir in the wet ingredients
- Spoon the batter into each cavity of the donut pan (fill each one about ¾) and gently tap the ban so they settle.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing.
- To make the glaze/frosting: Mix together the ingredients.
- Once the donuts have cooled, glaze each one.
- Garnish with sprinkles if desired.
There you go! The perfect snack to enjoy without guilt!
Naturiste products used: